Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer!

20th Century Fox has released the "final trailer" for  the upcoming "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". As a fan of the original 1968 film, I was nervous about this new franchise and the remakes. (especially after that god awful love to hate Tim Burton fiasco) However, the blockbuster remakes with James Franco pleased me. I liked to take on the story, the acting and most of all I loved the realness of the apes.  when that movie finished I wanted more. I wants to know how the writers were going to take it to the next level....and by the looks of the newest trailer which gives a really good look at what to expect from the sequel/prequel, the next level has arrived.



I'm so excited to see the story of Caesar's turmoil between his love for the good in humans juxtaposed against the rest of the apes as they do indeed rebel and want war. If you've ever seen the original series films "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" and "Battle for the Planet of the Apes", then you might understand when I say that I think this film will parallel both in the  sense that it will show that Caesar was a teacher and wanted to be equal with humans rather than fight them, yet he eventually takes charge becomes a leader and leads them to war. 

oh... did I fail to mention I am highly versed in the Planet of the Apes saga? Of course I am. ;)


xoxo,

TD

check out the newest and final trailer before the July 11th release.